Thursday, January 1, 2009

Lego Space set's the rap up.

With all of the Lego sets I've owned over the years, through trades or purchases or payments for deals I've done (Scandalous look : ) I will say behind the Classic Castle, Space is my Second favorite. So with this post, what is to be the FINAL Lego Space post I will do (I know I said that last time) but in all honesty I really have no reason to buy any more, in fact my collecting has stopped to only HALO McFarlane, GI Joe's and the Roman Ignite series, and occasional Star Wars Lego set's when I find em cheap, when my collecting used to be about fifteen lines, no lie. Enough about the collecting buis, on to the last post of Lego space sets I have.

This post will range from classic to the current sets out. All Small ones these sets will display the diversity of the Space lines. I start with

Set 1580 Lunar Scout.
One of the coolest sets I've seen ever, this vehicle is fully equipped for traveling the lunar lands. Complete with tools and what not, this was one of my first 'Built from Scratch' sets, which his helmet is still in the mail!!!


Then there were the ever so hated Blacktron II series. WTF is right. Why go from cool black and yellow sets to these? no clue. Here are a couple I scored back when I collected the Pirate series which i traded fully to Boss Hogg Ninja for a GI Joe Base!!! Soon to be reviewed.

Set 1479 2 pilot Patrol Craft.


And Set #1887 Scout Patrol craft.


Blacktron II had a counter part or enemy named M Tron. Another set I scored from a collection.
#1478 Satellite Uplink vehicle.


Below are troops from set #6704 Mini figure collection. Only one is missing, and only one doesn't belong. The Blacktron trooper was already displayed in the Blacktron review. The red Futron soldier is the one who doesn't belong but there to show the change of uniforms.


then #6835 The flying saucer.... Yep no clue why Lego went from the classic look but hey this series was short lived.


set #1195 is the Life on mars series. These were petty cool out when the movie Red Planet came out, I think it spurred some interest in kids for planet study. Although the sets were weird for me.


And then the current return of the Space series. The Mars Mission figures. Two things cool about this series. one the use of the Futron symbol of old, and two the Alien enemy looks like Sygorney Weaver's enemy from the Famed Aliens.

Set #7695 Astro Fighter is a cool and small set!


#7648 the Miner set is also a cool set reminding me of an old Fisher Price figure set called Alpha Star I had as a kid!


And lastly we have set #5616 I am glad to see Lego going to small sets again. Kids love em for the cheapness and fast build!

No comments: