Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Set #7018 Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent.

Before I tag up the last Robotech Segmant, I'm posting this old review I did a while back.

Set #7018 Viking Ship challenges the Midgard Serpent.

What had become my Second Favorite Lego Set ever to build, this was more than a blast to set up. That along with it being a Viking Ship (My second favorite Lego series next to their short run of Ninja's) made it even cooler. I have two Viking sets left to get to complete the collection. The Viking fortress and the Viking Chess set which will be basically a soldier factory for my ships instead of the game board it's intended to be.

With next Friday coming and my purchase of more shelving to display my sets on, I've been slowly piecing my collection back together from the move. This Set had been in my Cellar for years before now, with time and space I went at it in the morning and had it done in a few hours. The ship is massive, the serpent is awesome and I sit here wondering why the hell didn't they have this when I was a kid, If only Lego came out with a Roman series and a coliseum set… One can dream. But here are some shots of the overall size of this thing.


What made it awesome besides the KEG shown here –


And the Vikings Ho Cage – shown here –


Was the God Damn Viking rotisserie complete with Turkey Legs for The Hungry Hokita or Sgt Blades –


The General stands here watching for ships of Ninja.


And the intimidating Dragonhead gracing the front.


I tried using the pool for some ocean affects. I think on the general it came out perty darn good. Well That's that.

No comments: