Saturday, January 26, 2008

21rst Century Toys Ultimate Soldier 1:18 and 1:32 line.

21rst Century Toys Ultimate Soldier 1:18 line.

When I first saw this line in a TRU in Burlington Vermont I went crazy, a WWII line dedicated to the GI Joe Scale 3 ¾ scale. I bought every German and American figure, Fighter and land vehicle they had out. Then one day a year later, a friend in need needed money, So I sold the entire collection. Save for one craft, The F4U Corsair, (wrongly labeled as a F4Y) I also had a massive amount of 1:32 scale figures and tanks and later sold all of them to help pay for bills, and gave my entire collection of aircraft away to a friend. But, all of this being said, I bring to you below pictures of the F4U, this aircraft was partial to me because it was flown by my Grand Father during WWII for the Marine Corps. The last of the 21rst toy line that I have, yet not the least. Below that I’ve posted 4 pictures of the 1:32 scaled ones I no longer have yet entered into a Diorama contest years back. Enjoy.




The following was taken from the entry I had done from 2/19/2003
I got right into 32X do to one fact and that was that they were the same scale as the 1:32 plane models that my Grand pa had built for me when I was a kid. I'm carrying that tradition in building my own and found that the 32X vehicles and men are a perfect match, So began my obsession :)

This is my very first 1/32 Model ever built it is of a FW-190D-9 flown by Gerhard Michalski, the last Geschwader Kommodore of JG 4 Neukirchen/Germany, April 1945. I had to mix and match different decals from three other planes to get this ones specific markings but I believe it came out half way decent for my first go at it. I included the scout car and a LT. to give the run way some character.
This plane My Grand Pa built years ago for me. It is my favorite model to date. He did the markings of the defenseof the Reich scheme and seeing he catapulted me into modeling I only felt it right to use his model in a Dio. I have it flying over a pair of Tigers on the frozen grounds of the Russian front.
I loved The movie 'Enemy at the Gates' In the film there are two or three cut scenes at the eastern front where there are a row of tanks and in the back ground you can see the German HQ tent. I thought, Hey that would make a great Dio. I decided to get a couple dead bonsai trees and prop them in the background and using the over three feet of hellish snow mother nature has graced us with around here I made a small mound and nicely place three of my Tigers at a parking position. I added the 32X German in over coat because he's one of the only Germans that 21rst released that looks like he could some what with stand the cold of the Eastern front .
This is a model of a Messerchmitt ME 163B-a1 Komet of II/JG400 Based at Brandis. I decided to use the back ground (A partially done painting by my X Wife) as an indoor dio. I used the 32x Fallshirmjager because I thought he would look perfect for looking up at a flying rocket as it roared over head, Yes they probably didn't fly straight like this but who knows, Maybe the Komet could be soaring over this hill side for a landing. Either way I think it works.

No comments: