Sunday, January 27, 2008

ROBOTECH Part 1. Irwin Matchbox figures.

Robotech has always been one of my favorite cartoons, Not as much as Starblazers but close. So it was no wonder in the 80's when Matchbox created a figure line did I jump on board. The next week I will dedicate the blogg posts to my Robotech Collection. I do not have every piece and to view all of the Robotech collectibles check out http://www.robotechmuseum.com/

These posts will focus on the pieces I have for my current collection although I will part with most of it, I do plan on keeping a few parts I really like, such as the Shadow Fighter from the Master Collections. I wouldn't mind one day having all the alphas from that series but if not no biggy, I've had allot more to My Robotechs such as the Gaiken Cyclones and Alpha, and tons of odds and ends, but Robotech was such a small part of my collection that it never was that big of a thing for me to let go of pieces and parts.

Today we focus on the Two carded figures I have from the Matchbox Irwin collection. These are a Canadian version of the American figures and come complete with French and English Translations of the cards. The Lunk is the second to rarest figure to find Carded. The first being the Black Suited Myria Sterling. She was the one figure who had a total of Four versions made in production. The red suited, Zentradi Micro Zentradi Biggen and the Black suited.

below find images of my Carded Scott and Lunk figures. Both front and back for your viewing pleasure.

Lunk - Irwin/Matchbox.




Scott Bernard Irwin/Matchbox

No comments: