Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Mcfarlane HALO Series 2.

Addiction. The Webster definition of addiction is compulsive need for and use of a habit-forming substance. I guess that could describe my habit of HALO 3 McFarlane figures. I only collect the good guys, because they are enough to line my shelves in my collectible room. Some say McFarlane has gone 'Lucas Hasbro Clone colors' on us. But, I still enjoy them and the wide variety of different color units. Although I have no idea where the Pink armor would fit in combat. That being said, I will begin with series two. My only beef with McFarlane HALO figures in general is the issue with them only selling certain figures in certain countries. Like the Orange Hybusa armor from series 3 which I will review soon. Yes I have the orange one, (Thanks Unix Ninja from Australia) But it does suck that in order to 'Complete' a collection, you have to either one, sell your soul on E-bay to acquire them or two, know some one in said country's that these items are available in. But other than that issue, I Love the line, and will be sold on them until McFarlane stops making them. I was a fan with Mcfarlane toys ever sense my first Spawn figure back in the day, the spaghetti faced Spawn as he was known. But back a few years ago more like almost ten, I had to sell the Spawn collection off to fix a car. Having the HALO figures and being addicted to HALO the game kind of gets me back in with the Spawn/McFarlane pieces of art, and yes I was ecstatic with the EVA Spawn figure they came out with at the con last year (I will be reviewing the On Line limited HALO figures next which he is included in.)

Well enough of my babbling, On to some HALO Spartan figures of awesomeness. (Shout out to my ninja Boba Cox, if it wasn't for his diligent hunting I would never have all of these!)


First and for most Master chief. Spartan 117. Equipped with the laser cannon, this weapon is sick, and as any one knows who plays HALO it is devastating if it hits it's target.


Ahhhhh A pink Spartan. This was sold only in Canada (go figure) and I guess may have been a shout out to the female players of HALO. Yeah that's it..... and why do I own it.... I am a completest dang it!!!!


The 'Gold' Spartan was released only through FYE stores.


The Red CQB the only CQB Spartan this series was available where ever Halo figures were sold.


The same with the SPARTAN Scout. Tan version!


The ODST Marine was one on my list because he is one of the only Black suited troopers in the mix. I can not wait until this game comes out where you can play as one of these bad ass'


Following him, are the SPARTAN ODST Troopers. They are bigger in size and have more armor. The first the STEEL version was a Game Stop Exclusive.



And then we have one of two Walmart Specials. One being the ODST Turquoise trooper.



The Second Wal-mart special edition is the EOD Trooper. I played as this armor set for the longest time before earning the Hybusa armor on line.


Next, The available every where Lime Green EOD Trooper.


And last but not least the Toys R Us EVA trooper.

And a white one available at Comic shops. This is added to my White Squad of warriors. With this I will review for your viewing pleasure the three exclusives and then on to series 3!!!

Enjoy.

No comments: