Sunday, October 14, 2007

Die Cast Cars.

Die Cast Cars.
Every kid in the world had at one point in their life a diecast car. From Match boxes to the higher end collectible cars, all the way to the low end tin and plastic wheeled Shopping mart cars, children loved and still enjoy these pieces of fun on wheels. They are cheap and playable, simple as that, Me and my brothers had a collection of hundreds, I had found them anywhere as a kid lost from another kid from play grounds to a white Porsche I found in the mud of low tides Quincy harbor. Of course in my years of growing I left all of the child hood autos behind at my parents, probably some where in the attic next to the bag of army men. yet over the years I had bought more, this time from a collectors point, keeping most all carded, what actually got me heavily back into them is when I found a company re making the 1965 Ford Galaxie, I own an actual 65 ford galaxie 500 ltd. so it was neat to see it made into a version allot smaller. Over the years I weeded the collection down to almost nothing selling the majority of them in a lot on E-bay. yet here under this thread I will post shots and tails on the limited amount that has remained in my collection.
Enjoy.
Hot Wheels Neet Streeter – 1975.
This is one of the oldest cars I own, I had an original from my grand Pa, way back when I was a real young child, then over the course of years it was taken, yet years later a very thoughtful and good friend had given me his mint one rather than sell it on E-bay. This car had the great 'Oldie but Goodie' statement on the back with FORD written there, I remember this car because my grand father the same one who gave me the original had owned and still does an original drivable version. This car is a prize in my collection and I thank Mike to this day for hooking me up with it.
Racing Champions – 1969 Dodge Charger – 1999

This of course is the Dukes of Hazard car, this one was real cool, Another gift from my wife for a B-Day present, this car you bought and assembled your self, I love this little car because it brings back the memories of the one I had, used and abused as a kid. I also had the Boss Hog car, that also went the way of my used and abused charger. Yet thank fully this one is neither.

Racing Champions – GMC Van A –Team. – 2002

Ahh who could pass this up? Me and my wife were going through an Ames in Vermont as it was about to close and there on a shelf for 2.99 was the A Team Van. Being a fan of the A Team and Mr. T especially, I had to snag this for my collection were it will stay for some time.
Matchbox – 1986 Jeep, Cherokee.

This one I found at work at Banknorth under my new desk one day, (now TD Banknorth) with a few other cars I sold off on e-bay, had to keep the Jeep though because as any one who knows me knows they are my favorite SUV's
The second and last Matchbox I own is Matchbox - Fort Worth dump truck. – Stamped date 1979 although bought in the new Millenium. My wife being from Texas, the fort worth area, this was a must have, a Dump truck with Texas colors, little did I know years back when I bought this that I my self would be living in Texas on the Fort Worth border.

Cararama - The Willis Jeep MINI - 2002

So one day when I'm rich, I will own one of these for real, for now, I will be satisfied with this tiny version, I got this puppy in Vermont at a card/model shop.

Jeep with trailer and Army Cargo truck.

I snagged this one at a small grocery store in my most favorite town in the world, Estes Park Colorado. Yet I have no memory or idea what year or company made them, if in fact I can find the card it came on I'll update the info here. I'm fully sure it was not a band name toy maker.

Racing Champions – Mazda RX7 - 1993

This is a fast and furious car. This came with the DVD, I kept it because after buying it, I was in a wreck in our Nissan NX200, a well known wreck to my friends in which an 18 wheeler ran me and the car over while in the break down lane weighting for assistance on Interstate 89 in Vermont on the Bolton flats. Well that car was devastated; I kept this auto because in all looks it resembled that little hot rod in almost every way. Long live ole' snake eyes….
Winners Circle – 2007 Tony Stewart Collection.

With my first NASCAR event ever here in Texas I fell in love with the sport that is everything manly that there is in the world, the greatest display of American capitalism ever, NASCAR is the ultimate sport in my very humble opinion. One of the un spoken laws of NASCAR is that you need a driver to jeer for at the races. After my first race I had decided to pick Tony Stewart, He is mans man that doesn't take crap from any one, and some one I can relate to as far as attitude goes. So below are the four Tony Stewart Die Cast Cars I currently own. I wanted the vehicles as keep sakes in particular the one with the hood because it displays the dates this year that I had and will be going to Texas Motor Speedway. The smallest of the four is a 1:87 th scale the others are 1:64th.


Road Champions - MASS State Police Car – 1999.
Found this baby in a K-Mart in Georgia. Seeing many in my family are stateys in Mass, The mass stateys in my mind are awesome, It was only natural to pick this puppy up, It comes with a Mass State police badge one of which is smaller than the real issued ones that I have a pair of given to me buy my grand pa when I my self was going through the training.
Cledo PLC - Jameson 1920 Model T Truck.
Well I love Jameson, and when I came across this vehicle while going through a store in St Johnsbury Vermont as it was going out of business I spent the few dollars to add it to my collection. More of a novelty piece than a toy, I enjoy it none the less.

Maisto - Boston Police Harley -1998.

Another must have is from my home city, Boston Mass, this is a reproduction of the issued Harley of the day. I got this in Georgia, gave me a little bit of home while so far away.
Maisto – Yamaha TDM Speed bike - 2001

My Wife always said, the only way I would ever get a speed bike is in the form of a toy, so comes this piece, a fast bike given to me as a B day present from one of my Ninja's Unix. A nice little die cast vehicle giving the Boston Cops Bike to chase : )

Last in my Die Cast Line up but definitely not least, I bring you, my 1965 Ford Galaxie collection. As I said above, I own a real one, so these cars were a must have for me, and instead of going into where and when I bought each I'm just going to get to the dates and makers. First the bigger of the others is a 'Lafayette' 1965 Galaxie, Yes my car was used as a NASCAR, it was also used as a cab and or Police car, not my particular model but 65 galaxies in general.
This one was made in 1992 by 'The Legends of Racing' It is Fred Lorenzens car. I bought this even before being sucked into NASCAR. Following this one I will post the other Galaxies in my colection.

Kenner - Winners Circle - 1998
The only one I own from Winners circle here is Rusty Wallace's fantasy pick.

Next is the series from Racing Champions; they made a total of five the first of which was in 1999 Jimmy Spencers 65, Followed by the PA State Police Car, and the Galaxie MINT edition. In 2000 The came out with the Classified Car with a News classified for sale add. and finaly in 2001 they finished the Galaxies up with a fifty fastest muscle cars edition in a classic black.



Then I believe but I am not 100% certain, they sold the mold to the car to a company known as Route 66 collectibles. A K-Mart only company who came out with cars that were known to frequent the famous route 66. From this series I was able to snag a Brown Galaxie with the Kansas State Plate, and a Oklahoma High Way Patrol car. There are no year markings on these for production, yet they were in the 2000's.

For as long as I own my Galaxy I will own these they are as cool as the real thing only much much smaller. Well this finishes up my die cast collection, if any one has anything to add as far as info on any or what not please feel free to start a thread to ask questions or share images of your own hot rods.

No comments: