Tuesday, October 16, 2007

HALO – Joyride Studios. 2001 to 2007.

HALO – Joyride Studios. 2001 to 2007.

My Halo Collection has grown and dwindled in the years past. Joyride studios made two scales a Six Inch line and a smaller three inch line. I do have every three inch figure/vehicle made by Joy ride. But only kept to the HALO Series 1 Master Chiefs on the six inchers. I did have many Master chiefs from series II and the grunts, but sold them keeping only Cortana and the Series I master chiefs, over a period I will go over and limelight every series one master chief made, save for the very expensive and hard to fine limited to 2000 copies invisible Master chief.

Now, Joyride studios has lost or sold the license to Halo McFarlane toys have picked it up, this can mean one of two things for the old toys, their value will sky rocket or falter, and by the look of Cortana's figure selling now for around 200.00 I can see it only jumping. I will focus this thread on the big boys and start a separate one for the smaller ones once the biggens are finished tonight will feature Master chief Green version from series 1 and series two 2001 and 2003.

Both shown below, I also included a shot of Master Chief from Series 2 carded font and back prior to opening him up.

Enjoy.

PS, Each Photo will display the Master Chief with the weapons he came packaged with.



Series 2 Red Master Chief

Series 3 Blue Master Chief

Series 5 Black Master Chief

Series 4 White Master Chief - My Personal Favorite and my Battle colors of my spartan in both Halo and HALO 2.

EB Games Exclusive Cobalt Master chief - the onw collectors scream to see open... but I open almost all my figures. :)

And to finish the Joy Ride Studio Big figures off, (Save For the HALO 2 White figure I have at my desk at work holding my headsets. Picture will follow) I'm ecstatic about McFarlanes HALO figures, if you go to spawn.comyou can preview some of the five coming out in the spring, FANTASTIC.

But today I will start off with photos of a Carded Cortana, easily fetching 100 to 200 on the secondary market depending on condition, I was able to snag this from a kid I sold his collection off for as payment.

Following images of her I have the HALO Spartan Weapon pack, Carded front and Back, I like this set because of the display of available figures on the back, This was the second to last HALO Item I had bought from Joy ride before their demise or sell off of the license for HALO.
Following that there are images of the HALO Evolutions Set, The last of their Master chief from HALO the first, in olive drab next to the Master chief from Halo 2. Packed in a nice Metal can along with six collectible cards, this set was limited and is VERY hard to come by these days and a small fortune none the less.


After him are the Battle Damaged Exclusives, done by Joy ride at the end of HALO 1 and exclusive only to Game Stop/EB Games and a couple on line vendors. Their weapons are all blackened with battle damage as well. The last image of the Green Spartan Battle Damaged is missing his machine gun due to the fact it is in the Olive drab troopers Hands.

Well That does it for the large HALO figures. I'll be hitting on the smaller ones at a later date, But for reference these are not the only figures that Joy ride did, just my collection. They had a Massive amount of HALO 2 Master chiefs more than the first making it look like a small picnic of troops compared. Also Grunts, Elites, Jackals, So on and So on. There really is no online reference as of late, Seeing Joyride studios.com took down their list guide. Once I do come across one I'll post it. You can at least, by using this pick up all the Spartans (which was my focus) from the first game, as all weapons are accounted for!

Here are the only two HALO 2 Figures I have. Master chief in my HALO 2 colors hard at work on my desk.

Followed by the Toy rocket exclusive Whit Elite. the whole reason I bought this figure was for the laser sword so i could take him out of the package and hook the Master Chief from HALO 2 up with my favorite battle weapon, Both the elite in the box before me opening it and the Master chief made after my armor are displayed below.

2 comments:

Ryun said...

HI, I was wondering if you could tell me were i can get some halo things like that Because I am a collecter of action figures and rare model cars. I am also a halo freek and like annything that is halo and have been waiting to buy some halo Items. Please E mail me at www.runefreek@yahoo.com if you can recomend annywere i can get such Items. P.S, I cant use E Bay.
Sincerely, Ryun

King. said...

There are a ton of places on line but the majority of them for JoyRide figures at least are VERY VERY high in price especialy any of the HALO series 1 figures. Best bet is to do a search on google, or check your local craigs list. You never know what you could find there.