Monday, October 15, 2007

Lego Space Classic Sets.

Lego Space Classic Sets.
Late 70's to Late 80's.

The Classic Lego Space sets were probably the most popular Lego's out of the early 80's. Every kid had at least one of these sets in part do to Lego making them real affordable, small sets, and two they were sought after do to build and playability. I my self had three or four sets. Yet my favorite Space sets were the Blacktron's (covered at a later date.)

The classic space troops came in 5 different colors. Black, White, Yellow, Blue and red. I loved these toys because with them in hand you could turn any surface from the floor to a couch into a Moonscape or foreign planet. As the 90's approached Lego Space sets moved away from the basic sets into multi colored and massive sets, The classic space turned into Futuron, and became differently colored, Many Space series spawned off, Space Police I and II Blacktron I and II, M tron then the Mars Explorer series and now into Star Wars. Yet nothing that has come to date has yet to capture the simplicity and imagination induced sets of the Classic space series of old. Below are images of sets I had recently acquired about three years ago for dirt cheap. I don't collect these and unless finding a super cheap deal, I will probably never add to this collection, so here I'll document the vehicles of old, a trip way back down memory lane!! Enjoy.

The sets are listed by Set Number but rainge from 1980 to 1985 .

#886 – Space Buggy.

#889 – Radar Truck.

#1558 – Mobile Command Trailer.

#6809 – XT-5 and Droid.

#6846 – Tri Star Voyager.

#6861 – X1 Patrol Craft.

#6872 – Xenon X Craft.

#6891 – Gamma V Laser Craft.

#6820 – Starfire I.

#6821 – Shuttle Bug.

#6824 – Space Dart 1.

#6825 – Cosmic Comet.

No comments: