Friday, October 26, 2007

Star Wars Vintage Collection - Rebel Commando and Endor Forest Ranger.

Tonight's review/memory trip is the Rebel Commando 1983 and Endor Forest Ranger. 1984

The below Shots are of two varied Rebel commandos. There were many 'Variations' in the vintage line, due to the fact that figures were produced in multiple countries around the world. The two below, one on the left has no country stamp, while the right hand side has Made in China. both have slight differences in paint used and facial features. Is one worth more than the other? no definitely not in monetary means, yet the one on the right is valued in a much different sense, And to me is priceless. Going through hard times years back, when my collection was held by those un willing to give it back (long story) I was up in My wife's grand Fathers garage attic, getting things of my wife's down for her to go through and either take back to her home or to the salvation army, well her Grand father decided to do some spring cleaning him self, he gave me a bunch of old work Thermoses, That are fantastic, and going through an old lunch box he came upon a rebel commando, knowing what I was going through, instead of chucking it, he gave it to me, he asked in a wide smiled grin if I wanted it. To this day I will always remember the moment of good Cheer that simple gesture gave me in a really bad time in my life, he was one of and still is even though gone from this earth, a dear friend, and this figure will always remain in my collection.

The vehicle, the Endor Forest ranger, was always shown with these rebel commandos in them, piloting around endor, although never shown int he movie it does resemble the Droid tank used on Kashyk against the wookies in episode III Room enough for one trooper this vehicle is a must have for any Rebel Commando soldier.

No comments: