Sunday, October 14, 2007

Quake II and Duke Nukem Figures. - Resaurus/ID Figures. - 1997

Resaurus/ID figures Quake. Duke Nukem. Year made 1997

Today I'm going to go on about my Gaming figures. I wont touch HALO here because that demands it's own area. I'll start with the Quake figures. Quake II was and still is in my mind one of the greatest 3D shooters in existence. Hours were spent between me; Roy and Kiota playing with other guys from work in the multi player slayer styled battles. Even more hours were spent blasting through the two expansions that *Id* came out with for this game.


I LOVED IT. I spent even more time downloading many skins for the game, everything from Pirates to storm troopers to a Pogo Bunny that blasted at you as he jumped around the map. (One of Kiota's favorites next to the cracked out telatuby) So back in 98 when Id released the Quake figure Line I was excited.


They even had plans to make a second series and a Marine Medic, which sadly never came to pass. People were just not into the figures. More collecting was geared for most toward the new and ever growing Power of the Force Star wars line. So quickly the Marines and two enemy figures could be found on clearance at Kay B toys. That's were I snagged my two opened figures. At a Kay B in Georgia. It wasn't until I moved to Vermont in 99 that I found the carded exclusive Marine Psycho I have displayed in the photo. I bought him at a Burlington Comic shop and ever sense I've had him enclosed in plastic. I wish they had continued the line but with little to no articulation they were solely meant for display and that meant kids hated
em.

Next is my one and only, The Duke, "Shake it baby" Nukem. His first game hit the shelves back before the Pentium in a 2d Commander Keene styled game, where he had to kill aliens jumping over items and what not. It was awesome. Then came the 3D shooter. It was fantastic, everything from tossing dollars at topless chicks inside a battle ridden strip joint to watch them dance from using you BFG gun (which was a shout out to DOOM and later picked up in
quake) and obliterating the enemy. So back in 98 while shopping at a Target in Oklahoma, I found the figure, The Duke Nukem action figure. I freaked paid 8 bucks and got what you see here along with a three level playable demo of the Duke Nukem episodes. God that game rocked! "Shake it baby!"

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, If someone who read this blog have or know a Psycho (loose or selaed) for sale, please send me a message to my email adress ( phatington gmail ). Thanks!