Thursday, October 18, 2007

International GI Joes Part 7. Brazil Cobra De Aco.

Cobra De Aco, - 1985 –Estrela Corp.
Country of origin – Brazil.
By J.King.

was an International collector before I even knew there were international Joes, That being said, let me tell you a story, I was Twelve living in Boston, I met a new student who had moved from South America to our neighborhood, we quickly became friends and as kids did back then we would trade action figures. (Probably where I learned my bartering and price determination skills from) well one trade I received the figure I'm about to review. I was told he was a Cobra watch tower officer. All I knew was that he had a Snake Eyes helmet and a FLASH Padded outfit, So I traded a couple broken thumbed figures for this never before witnessed figure, little did I know now what I did then, He became the talk of my neighbor hood as far as us Boy kids went, a Snake eyes with a cobra symbol, many kids believed it was Snake Eyes evil twin, I had all the way up until getting back into collecting about five years ago never new him in any other term other than the Cobra Watch tower officer. Eventually as the years went on, I sold him with my entire collection when we me and my wife were down and out, and of course it was one of the first figures sold by the gentleman who bought my collection, so years later when I bought back what was left he was no where to be found, YET, I had met another gent online at YoJoe.com and he, living in Brazil, hooked me up with a completed (with File card) figure featured below, I placed him beside Snake Eyes and FLASH, the molds used to create this figure, I also had posted the File Card I have of him, The following is a translation of the file card posted from Yojoe.com as reference only on this figure.

Enjoy.
*Filecard Translation*

Cobra de Aço The most feared one among the Cobras
His "tough guy" fame has brought him problems even with his own fellows. Armed with his laser rifle, Cobra de Aço faces cross-fires without any kind of protection. Cobra de Aço is used to saying: " The Joe who will ever stop me is hasn't been born yet."


No comments: