Wednesday, October 24, 2007

GI Joe Dioramas. Part 2.

My Dio's Part #2 Originaly posted on yojoe.com

8/25/2004

Well here is a few more shots of some more Dios of some of my favorite Joes. These Dios are set up and shot in my back yard.

The first Dio is of My Night Force team. The best part of GI Joe is you can use your own imagination and in my 'Joe Vers' Action man is out of there and Dial Tone (a More versatile character) has replaced him. This shot was inspired from some of the early hours of the first Gulf War when SEAL's showed up on the beach with buggies and were greeted by a million reporters. I tried getting this one at dusk with the flash to make it as realistic as it could be.

My second one I took while it was pouring out, With a few cardboard roofs so that Stalker wouldn't get completely drenched I was able to take it. The Manta was one of my faves as a kid and I only could see Stalker piloting it. Here he comes for a landing in a small river inlet for a secret mission.

This one I call 'Talking Football' It came to me one day while thinking about how many Joe Football guys there were. I decided to make this Dio with Capt. Grid Iron going over how versatile the Football styled grenades he had were, the other football fanatic Joes listen attentively.


Last two pictures for this month is of A Viper Recon Station. In My Vers the Vipers are my Marines of Cobra. Each colored Viper is a specific squad. the green ones here are part of My Viper Recon team. Here the Recon Officer tells his finds to a Televiper who transmits the info to the proper channels. Inside the recon out post a tele viper (not scene in this shot) sends the info too headquarters.

Well hope you guys enjoyed the back yard shots. There will be more to come as I sit back and think em up!!!!
J.KING.

1 comment:

Alex said...

The Nightforce team looks awesome.
I like the Tunnel Rat figure u have.