Wednesday, October 24, 2007

International Gi Joes Part 11. Marujo – 1991 – Brazil –Estrela toy company.

International Gi Joes Part 11. Marujo – 1991 – Brazil –Estrela toy company.
"Marujo" translates into "Sailor".

Part of the Tigre Guarda-Costeira.

Shipwreck was one of my least favorite Joes, maybe it was his sailor hat or the fact he looked like a member of the band the village people. But the guy weirded the hell out of me as a kid and I always made him take a round to the head before any Joe battle. Why then did I spend the money to get his Tiger Force counter part, from Brazil? Well probably because I have a soft spot for the GI Joe force with Neon colored camouflage for fighting Cobra in Ronald McDonalds Play Land.

Actually, he was part of a three man Buy I got from a kid from Brazil, the same one who sold me the two above. So Marujo earned his way into my famed Tiger force troops, Tiger force was a branch of GI Joes made here in the states yet countries like Brazil and the UK each made their own members of Tiger Force. The UK made six members, and Brazil made three although the Dusty figure was a remake of the American Dusty minus the cloth back to his helmet. I do not own Airtights tiger force twin yet, but will one of these days, for now here are the American version of Shipwreck and the Brazilian Marujo along with his File card front and back and the translation from my Brazilian hook up.

MARUJO

Who doesnt heard about MARUJO ? Son of a sea-guard patrol, who have saved a military base of Tiger command! Born in a sea plataform, the huge sea was his playground and his friends, the dolphins. When young "MARUJO" found that cobras was installing explosives at the Tiger military base, people called him and people call him "fish talker". After, MARUJO goes to the Tiger Force - elite trooper with super gijoes to sub-human capacity mission. After that, he doesnt stay for Naja !


No comments: