Friday, October 26, 2007

Star Wars Vintage Collection - Snow Trooper.

Imperial Storm Trooper (Hoth Battle Gear) Kenner – 1980.

One of my favorite Imperial troops to date, The Imperial Storm Trooper (hoth battle gear) better known to the collecting world as The Snow trooper, was it. From the time they stormed the halls of Echo base killing rebels and surrounding the millennium falcon, to the period were sadly they are blown to hell by Han's ships cannon, I wanted to be one of those guys.
Today my focus is on the 1980 produced figure. I picked him to do because 1 he is one of my all time faves, and two I have a couple carded versions of him I would like to share photos of.

The first picture is of the Snow Trooper loose and front and back. He came with a rifle, (note to collectors – there are two variants of this rifle produced and both could be found packaged with the Snow trooper or Dengar) he also came with a cape or waist cape. I never knew what this was for as it looked more like a dress and all but the one I own from my child hood and the umpteenth million Snow troopers I have are gone. Torn or thrown away.

The carded one I have here front and back is in fact from 1980's Empire Strikes back released line, Notice the cool send away figure add.

The third is a cared two pack with Squid Head – Squid head was produced in 1983 as part of the return of the Jedi collection, so you may be asking, why the heck is a snow trooper packaged with a desert alien? Well sadly toward the end of Kenner's Star Wars collection in the early eighties, Kenner had but loads of figures not packaged, so their idea was to package them all in two packs and distribute them to Kay-Bee toy stores and sell them for a meager 2.00 the great thing is, these babies are now worth in upwards of 200 dollars or more depending on the rarity of the figure. As you can see on the back side of these cards there is nothing printed at all. Showing the cheapness of the packaging, yet a great conversation piece and two figures untouched by mans hands : )

No comments: