Sunday, October 14, 2007

Welcome!

First off Welcome,

One thing I know a lot about other than Beer, Boobies and Bullets is toys. I've spent years collecting and built up quiet the reputation in the collectible areas and forums, My User name in all is my last - KING. I can be found giving advice on collections worth, and identifying loose parts in sights such as Rebelscum.com yojoe.com he-man.org and a few others. Thus I've written many articles and once a month I post nostalgia or answer blogs. Here I will keep them all under one sight. Along with photos of each so that they are consolidated, Once or twice a month I will update the posts. I encorage you to feel free to comment or post questions if you have any. I hope in any fact that you find this thread and its post useful in some way.

What's in a toy?
By J.King.

What's in a toy? What appeals to collectors to spend half a pay check on a figure? Or buy a thousand of the same toys to build an army of them? Is it some sort of psychological issue? A mess up in our brain pans? I can only speak for my self, I'm not one to buy every toy of a certain toy line or one to send my figure into AFA (a grading company that gets paid to specifically grade a figure on degrees of mint only to place it in an Unbreakable case for you to sell for thousands on e- bay) I think those people have issues, as I'm sure they may think I do for buying a twenty year old toy to open it. But what toy collecting is for me, other than having a really cool conversation piece, is trying to win back a child hood memory.

For me years ago as a kid growing up in the Crap of Inner city projects, Toys, specifically Action Figures were a means of an escape, a way of turning a real scary or bad day into something that was worse for the specific in hand action figure, and to get the figure out of the situation to prove there was ways of surviving, For me having the figures or play sets of old shoot me, for a few seconds, back to the days of having full fledge GI Joe wars with the neighbor hood kids in the playground of our grade school. It brings the memories back of my Dad opening a door to the kitchen on my 4th B-day to see hundreds of Army men on every window shelf and counter top as my Birth Day Gift. It brings me back to my first Action figures ever, C3Po and R2D2 gracing a Birth day cake in 1978. For me, it is a true trip back in time. My days of battling long gone, loss of imagination with age, but the memory's, those were and still are irreplaceable.

So with out any further a due, a trip back into the days of the greatest era of toy collecting and into some of the most awesome toy lines ever produced in the modern day.

Welcome to My Toy Collections.
J King.

No comments: