Sunday, October 14, 2007

G.U.T.S. Green Beret's Collection. - Mattel - 1986.

GUTS Green Beret's Collection.
Toy Maker – Mattel Year Produced - 1986

I bought these babies's way back when Child World (A Boston area toy store) had them marked down to almost nothing. I loved the green berets and bought all of the ones I could find, (finding more at Kay Bee and Building #19) Yet Two troops evaded my collectible hunts when I was a child.

GUTS were the 80's answer to the Plastic Army man, just a tad bigger and somewhat painted. Each also had a code name. I loved these figures and would spend hours setting thousands of Plastic army men up on the dining room table top (The army men were Given to me by My Dad and Grand Father) then I would divvy up the Green beret troops to my two younger brothers with orders to kill all of the enemy. 15 minutes later, all of our GUTS Green berets would meet in the middle of the dining room table turned dead zone of a but load of plastic army men and celebrate a Victory!

After 'growing up' my GUTS figures minus the two Green Berets I needed to complete them all remained packed in my collection of Child Hood toys. Then as I went through my collection weeding out the toys I no longer wanted a few years back I found the GUTS and decided to find (through E-bay and all of it's glory) the remaining two green Berets I always wanted.
After my hunt of a couple years I just recently found a Married couple on E-bay who had found a UN opened case of GUTS figures, they opened it and sold a slew of MOC GUTS troops on E-bay for dirt-cheap and in sectional lots (Guts had a slew of Squads such as AIKIDO force - basically Ninjas –Ground troops and even two vehicles - which I had bought and sold over the years). So I was able to buy the two guys I needed plus a few of the other Green Berets I already had, still carded. Of course I had to open the two I needed to complete my collection of loose GUTS and here they are pictured here. Also Pictured are my Carded ones which I may or may not sell one day. The flag in the middle is an 80's plastic army man flag that looked perfect with my GUTS back then and is still displayed with them to this day.
Enjoy.




Update - The Carded figures of these Green Berets are no longer in my collection as I had sold them to another colector, But I had them and opened so thats what matters to me.


No comments: