Friday, October 26, 2007

Star Wars Vintage Collection - Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike.

Scout Trooper. and Speeder bike - 1983 Kenner. By J.King. photos from my own collection.
Let me begin with a story. In the early 90's I was lucky enough, while living in Boston to have a few friends in the comic business, One day a older gentleman entered into New England Comics in Cambridge were a buddy of mine worked, over a week he negotiated the sale and distribution of a few thousand carded Star Wars vehicles and figures from kenners collection, with the in I had with the company, I was able to get the majority of my carded figures from them for next to nothing. Below are shots of one of those carded figures, a tri Logo Scout trooper. Tri logo's are a fun collectible because they were done in three languages, English, French, and Spanish, The three major markets for Star Wars figures. The backs of these figures had a selection of the figures available with one or two of the figures blacked out, not sure if this was done as a mysterious thing for kids to wonder what the blacked out figure would look like or if it was just a mistake in production.

The scout trooper was one of my faves, in fact any Imperial was, I've attached the figure below, front and back, his gun was unique to the scout trooper only, and not packaged with any others in the line.
Also shots of his coin, although done with collecting the vintage line I do not have all the coins although I wouldn't mind completing just the imperials, I would not pass others I may come across in my travels.

Also I'm including shots of the Box and Blue prints and Vehicle shots of their Scouts vehicle, the Speeder Bike. The ultimate vehicle in the Star wars universe for speed through the trees. Countless battles my Speeders went through in the days of back yard play, and the one function this vehicle featured was the press of a button to make the speeder explode into a fiery mass of plastic parts, fire and sound all imaginary of course.

No comments: