Wednesday, October 24, 2007

International GI Joe's Part 9. Cobra Soldado – 1985 –ESTRELA Corp.

International GI Joe's Part 9. Cobra Soldado – 1985 –ESTRELA Corp.
Country of origin – Brazil.

The Cobra Soldado is just a cool figure in my mind, Although colored a lot lighter blue than his American Counter part, he was just as awesome, In the US, We had two versions of the cobra soldier well, three if you count the straight armed version. Which for Geek sake we will, below and the first picture I placed all three including the Cobra Soldado. So from right to left we have, the first Straight armed 1982 release here in the states, This cobra soldier has the straight arms and brown eyes, then came the swivel armed version in 1983. He had black eyes and a lot better movable arms for combat, next to him is the Silver emblemed Glider Cobra Soldier. He was packaged solely with the Cobra Glider a very short used by kids vehicle that never withstood Children's combat due to it being made out of styraphone. Then finally the Cobra Soldado, a point of interest is the Carded version sold here in the states came packed with the very awesome, Soviet Draganuv weapon. A 7.62X54 Sniper rifle, The Brazilian version comes with a simple M16 rifle. Below are the fronts and backs of all four figures discussed. I sadly do not have the file card for the Brazilian soldier, juat like De aco, this was a figure I first saw in my buddies hands back in the day in Boston. My buddy from Brazil the same one who hooked me up with my above reported ' Cobra Watch Tower officer' sadly it was one I could never get from him so I had to wait until a trade years later.

No comments: