Sunday, October 14, 2007

There and Back Again collection. - ToyBiz 2003

Toy Biz – 2003 There and Back Again collection.

Who doesn't like Hobbits? I remember when I bought my first Bilbo Baggins figure a few years back I was amazed by Toy Biz's craftsmanship with these figures, I had decided there and then in Texas that I would start collecting The Lord of the rings figures, of course upon realizing how many already had come out at that point and what it would cost to buy them I decided as quickly as I did to collect them that I would sell Bilbo and vow never to get entwined again in the figures. How ever years later while in Syracuse New York I found this gift set holding my most favored characters in the LOTR trilogy, and who could pass it down? I didn't and added the first and last piece (I'm sure my wife is happy) to my collection. It reminds me of years back in the 70's when my Grand Mother had bought me a Frodo Figure from the original toy company dubbed Knickerbocker. The figure alone is worth a small fortune, it was molded after the Frodo from the Cartoon of the time, and yes a far cry from the now immortalized Elijah wood version he will always hold a place in my child hood memories, where ever the real figure may be at this time.

No comments: