Sunday, October 14, 2007

Samurai Warriors. - Dragon - 2005

Samurai Warriors.
Samurai Swordsmen. Toy Company – Dragon. Year made 2005



05/31/2006 Well these bad boys are a 'love em or hate em' collectible. I love the art of the Samurai. Ever since I picked up my first blade in training back in 92 I've loved all things Samurai History related. So it came to no ones surprise when these first got shown on the collectible forums I belong to that I was going to get them all. So as of February 2006 I lucked out and found all 8 warriors for a very cheap price on e-bay. Not until here in Arlington Texas have I had time to actually open them and attempt to build them.




Attempt is an understatement, For one there are no instructions on the set as to if you need glue or not, Now I know none of you will probably ever get them but in an off chance that you may, have handy a glue canister for modeling, also make sure no one is near you, because these things suck. And you will swear loudly, A LOT.




Now don't get me wrong, the figures per say don't suck, but the actual putting them together does. From trying to remove them from their containers to trying (and I use that word trying loosely) to actually assemble them with out snapping a hand or sword hilt is almost impossible. I swore a lot. Yet when they were all dried and assembled I was more than happy and actually wishing they had more in the series. Will Dragon make more? Well I highly doubt it.



These came out with little to know hype and all the reviews are worse than mine, I also think I'm biased to the samurai collectibles which helped out in my liking of them. But nonetheless here are a few shots of my Warriors.
Enjoy.

No comments: